random words of the day:
to SWIPE RIGHT/TO THE RIGHT – what you do when you are on Tinder (a dating app) and find someone attractive/ interesting (dosł. przesuwać palcem w prawo)
to/ SWIPE LEFT/ TO THE LEFT – what you do when you are on Tinder (a dating app) when you don’t feel attracted to someone (dosł. przesuwać palcem w lewo)
(1) On Tinder, swiping right means you approve of a male/female after judging them by a few picture and a short bio.
to APPROVE OF – aprobować, pochwalać (to have a positive opinion of someone or something)
to JUDGE – oceniać (to form an opinion of someone/something)
a BIO – short for ‘biography’ – życiorys, biografia
(2) I always swipe left for anyone looking for a manly man because I feel like I'd just be wasting both our time. What happens when she finds out I'm afraid of spiders?
MANLY – męski (having the qualities which people think a man should have)
(3) I always swipe left on Tinder for fat people. No exceptions. Been there, done that a few times. Not fun.
NO EXCEPTIONS – bez wyjątków (I don’t break this rule.)
BEEN THERE. DONE THAT. – Znam to dobrze. (I’ve tried it and I didn’t like it.)
(4) I never swipe right for a guy who is wearing sunglasses in every photo.
(5) To prove I’m really not picky I decided to swipe right to every man on Tinder for a week.
PICKY – wybredna (choosy, describes someone who is very careful about choosing only what they like)
(6) Tinder Is Launching An 'Undo' Button. No more missed opportunities because you swiped left too quickly.
to LAUNCH – wprowadzać, wypuszczać na rynek (to introduce)
to MISS – zmarnować, utracić, przegapić (not to use something well, to waste something)
an OPPORTUNITY – szansa (an occasion or situation which makes it possible to do something that you want to do or have to do, or the possibility of doing something)
(7) If they like what they see, they swipe to the right. If they want to pass, they swipe to the left. If they swipe right, and that person does the same thing with their image, they are officially matched by Tinder and can start exchanging texts with one another.
to PASS – pasować, mówić pas (to choose not to play)
to MATCH – dopasować, zeswatać (to put people in pairs)
to EXCHANGE – wymieniać się (when you give something to someone and they give you something else)