random word of the day: CAN’T/ COULDN’T FOR THE LIFE OF ME
POL: nie jestem/ byłam w stanie ... jakkolwiek bym się nie postarała
ENG: I am/ was not able to ... however hard I tried
(1) I can't for the life of me comprehend how this work could possibly require two minds. Still, I suppose when you're working on something this awful you probably want to take a breather every few seconds to keep your brain from exploding.
to REQUIRE – wymagać (to need)
to TAKE A BREATHER – zrobić sobie przerwę (to take a short break)
to KEEP SOMETHING FROM – zapobiegać (to stop, to prevent)
(2) I can't for the life of me remember where I read this; it may have either been a published article, or one of your posts ...
(3) I couldn't for the life of me think of this movie's title. God bless you, Google.
to THINK OF – przypomnieć sobie (to remember something)
(4) This is a project I've been wanting to do for a while, but I couldn't for the life of me find yellow foil balloons in the city.
(5) My phone died and I couldn't for the life of me find the charger for it.
a CHARGER – ładowarka (a piece of equipment used for providing a battery with electricity)
(6) This looks really hard to use. I use Xbox and couldn't for the life of me adapt to PS3 controller. I’m gonna struggle with this one.
to ADAPT TO – przystosować się, przyzwyczaić się (to become familiar with a new situation, become adjusted to new conditions)
to STRUGGLE WITH – zmagać się, borykać się (to experience difficulty and make a very great effort in order to do something)