random word of the day: to SCARE THE BEJESUS OUT OF SOMEONE –
potwornie kogoś wystraszyć
(to make someone extremely scared)
THE BEJESUS – używane, aby wzmocnić wypowiedź; potwornie, strasznie (used as an intensifier; completely, very much, hard)
(1) You scared the bejesus out of me!
(2) It annoys the bejesus out of me that so many so called “cheese alternatives” actually contain dairy. Dairy refers to milk and any part of milk that comes from cows and other mammals. So to be dairy-free, a product must have no milk and no part of milk.
to contain – zawierać (to include)
dairy – nabiał (milk products)
to refer to – oznaczać (to mean)
a mammal – ssak (any animal of which the female gives birth to babies, not eggs, and feeds them on milk from her own body)
(3) It would bore the bejesus out of me being at home. I plan to stay in Oz for a few days until the surgeon gives me the all-clear to travel.
to bore someone – zanudzać (not to be of interest to someone, to be dull)
Oz – informal for Australia
a surgeon – chirurg (a doctor who operates on patients)
the all-clear – pozwolenie, zgoda (a permission, information that it is okay to do something)
(4) Kosilek says the reason other inmates leave him alone is cause he beat the bejesus out of another inmate with a broomstick.
an inmate – więzień (a prisoner)
a broomstick – miotła (something you use to sweep /clean/ the floor and, in the world of magic, fly)
(5) But most importantly, I wanted to hold both of my babies safely in my arms and kiss the bejesus out of them.
(6) There are a lot of celebs who wear watches way too big for them. And they also wear the bejesus out of certain brands for a year or two, and then they aren't 'cool' anymore...
(7) In crowd-funding you work the bejesus out of your social networking platforms to get people to give you money.
social networking platforms – sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
(8) Someone is going to sue the bejesus out of this quack, and they are going to make a ton of money.
to sue someone – pozywać (to take someone to court)
a quack – szarlatan (a person who dishonestly pretends to have medical skills or knowledge)