I DIG ENGLISH - just a cool blog about English

I hope you enjoy reading this blog
half as much as I enjoy writing it for you.
Because I have a ball.


Karola

Monday, July 14, 2014

Story of My Life: You Say it Wrong




Hi guys!

I have recently come back from my trip to the lake aka the doggie holiday and it made me think about how cool having a dog is. 

A dog is your most loyal friend. It probably sheds fur so his hair is always with you, visible especially on your favourite dark clothes.

It greets all the visitors and barks at the UPS guy.

It regularly chews on your favourite pair of slippers or stilettos.

Don’t get me wrong. All these things are cool, but may become boring after some time.

 Do you know what never gets old, though? And I’m going straight to hell for saying that… :D

aka – also known as
to SHED – gubić (to lose, to get rid of)
to GREET – witać (to welcome, to say hello)
to BARK – szczekać (to make a loud rough noise)
to CHEW ON – obgryzać, gryźć (to bite something with your teeth)
SLIPPERS– kapcie (shoes worn around the house)
STILETTOS – szpilki (high-heeled shoes)
to GET OLD – nudzić się (to become boring, uninteresting)

The coolest thing is when you walk your dog and you meet some people along the way and they want to tell you how cute your dog is. It only takes a second. They get too close, lean forward and BAM…. He plants a big wet kiss on their unsuspecting faces.


Gets me every time :D

Our family owns a big yellow Labrador. You probably know the breed. They’re super-friendly and good with children. Eight years ago, when we first got him, the breed was fairly known but not as popular as it is now. Some people would ask us what Cezar was. Now, and that’s when real fun begins, a lot of people recognise that he’s a Lab. In a typical group of people there is always this one person who is the so called “dog expert”. He or she will announce seriously that Cezar is the dog which helps the blind and is called, wait for it …. La-bLa-dor, which sounds a lot like coming from a kid who hasn’t yet mastered the ‘r’ sound.

All in all, I had loads of fun on my doggie holiday :D

to LEAN FORWARD – pochylić się
to PLANT A KISS – złożyć pocałunek (to kiss)
UNSUSPECTING – niczego niepodejrzewający (not knowing there in any danger or harm)
GETS ME EVERY TIME –  zawsze mnie śmieszy (always makes me laugh)
a BREED– rasa (a particular type of animal)  
FAIRLY – całkiem (quite)
to RECOGNISE – rozpoznać (to know someone or something because you have seen, heard or experienced them before)
to ANNOUNCE – ogłaszać (to say something important or serious)
THE BLIND – niewidomi (people who are unable to see)
to MASTER – opanować (to learn a skill)
LOADS OF – a lot of

My favourite Lab TV ad: youtube link
More about Cezar: Cezar the Doggie

No comments:

Post a Comment