I DIG ENGLISH - just a cool blog about English

I hope you enjoy reading this blog
half as much as I enjoy writing it for you.
Because I have a ball.


Karola

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

random word of the day: BAE




random word of the day: BAE

/bay/

POL:
twój chłopak/ dziewczyna, kochanie, osoba, w której się podkochujesz


ENG:
girlfriend, boyfriend, crush, significant other, baby
acronym that stands for: Before Anyone Else


A CRUSH – osoba, w której się podkochujesz (the person you are secretly in love with)

YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER – partner, chłopak, dziewczyna( your partner, BF, GF)

AN ACRONYM – skrótowiec (an abbreviation consisting of the first letters of each word in the name of something, pronounced as a word)

TO STAND FOR – oznaczać (mean)


(1) She's my bae, I don't know what I would do without her.

(2) Bae, I love you so much! <3

(3) - Bae and I kissed yesterday and we used tongues.
- Oh my God, John!  I hope you didn’t get her pregnant.
-I know, Tom! My mom would kill me.

(4) I hate it when people use the word ‘bae’. They sound so ghetto.







4 comments:

  1. "I hope you didn’t get her pregnant."
    Ahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warto dodać, że jest to slang. Dobry synonim to "baby".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Добрый день! Интересует интересный блог на английском? Могу посоветовать вам обучающую платформу http://preply.com/blog/ Это не бесплатно, но и не дорого. Зато опытные учителя постоянно поддерживают вашу мотивацию!

    ReplyDelete