random word of the day: A CALL – decyzja (a decision)
(1) A: Do you wanna go to a movie or to the bar? B: I'm easy. It's your call.
(2) A: How can I get my cat and dog to be friends? B: Sadly it's not your call. This relationship will be decided by the dog and the cat. If the cat has been around for a while he may not ever be OK with the new dog. Usually they come to some arrangement with the rules written by the cat.
(3) (…) [W]e are ultimately all responsible for our own choices and happiness. I'd like to wrap her up in bubble-wrap and protect her from all the surprise doors that might open in front of her, but she's an adult (a married lady) and it's not my call anymore.
(4) I think it’s a great choice, but it’s not my call to make.
(5) "That wasn't your call to make, Chloe. We are a team and we make all decisions as team." "I know we're a team, Clark. I've never forgotten that. But I had a decision to make and I made it. Whether you approve or not is not going to change that," she said forcibly.
to come to an agreement – dojść do porozumienia (achieve harmony of opinion, feeling, or purpose)
I’m easy – obojętnie, bez różnicy (used to say that you do not mind which choice is made)
ultimately – ostatecznie (in the end, after all)
to wrap something up in – owijać coś czymś (cover or surround something in paper, cloth or other material)
to wrap somebody up in cotton wool – trzymać kogoś pod kloszem (to try to protect someone too carefully)
bubble wrap – folia bąbelkowa
It’s not my call anymore – I can’t make decisions for her anymore.
to approve – aprobować, pochwalać (to have a positive opinion of someone or something)
whether you approve or not – whether you like it or not
forcibly – dobitnie, dosadnie (in a strong, powerful way)
|BUBBLE WRAP - YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO POP IT :)|
and a cool YouTube vid starring a doggie and a kitty:)