I DIG ENGLISH - just a cool blog about English

I hope you enjoy reading this blog
half as much as I enjoy writing it for you.
Because I have a ball.


Karola

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Story of My Life: #ThrowbackThursday












#ThrowbackThursday

Hi guys!

This is a picture of my lovely friend Kasia and I after our first year at Hogwarts...... jk :D Marcinek in Poznań. However, we did learn a bit of magic there I’m sure.

 The picture, in its paper form, carries a dedication in Polish. The dedication is pretty lengthy by my standards, but Kasia has never been the one to be tongue-tied :) 

Long story short, it says that only intelligent people have silly ideas, ergo, we must be awfully intelligent :D

And with that I fully agree :)

Thank you, Kasia, for being such a good friend, you’re the coolest!


THROWBACK THURSDAY – posting old photos on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter

A THROWBACK – powrót, cofnięcie się, przypomnienie (a return, going back to the past, a reminder)

LENGTHY – przydługa ( a little too long)

to BE TONGUE-TIED – onieśmielony, nieumiejący wymówić słowa (finding it difficult to express yourself, usually because you are nervous)

LONG STORY SHORT – w skrócie (in short, in a nutshell)

ERGO – zatem (therefore, and because of that)

AWFULLY – strasznie, bardzo, piekielnie (very)

2 comments:

  1. Czy Anglicy często używają słowa 'ergo'?

    Świetny wpis (jak zwykle :P)! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciekawe pytanie ;)

    Myślę,że częściej słyszałam to słowo z ust Amerykanów. Tak jakoś mi się kojarzy.
    Ale czego jestem pewna, to kontekst. Przeważnie był to taki żartobliwy sposób użycia.

    Pewnie dlatego przyszło mi na myśl, żeby użyć to słowo tutaj :)

    Dziękuję za bardzo miły komplement :)

    ReplyDelete