I DIG ENGLISH - just a cool blog about English

I hope you enjoy reading this blog
half as much as I enjoy writing it for you.
Because I have a ball.


Karola

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

random word of the day: DTR



random word of the day: DTR, short for ‘define the relationship’ – określić się  (when two people discuss their mutual understanding of a romantic relationship (casual dating, committed relationship, etc.) 




(1) I've been out of the dating game for a long time. Is it time for a DTR talk? Is it too soon? Am I rushing things? How would I go about doing this? Am I being too needy?

(2) Jenna feels confident enough to drop the DTR bomb on Matty, but he tells her that he likes her a lot. He's just not sure he's ready to be in a relationship

(3)I think we're officially dating but we've never actually said so. Time to DTR.

casual – niezobowiązujące (not serious)
committed – poważny (serious)
to rush things – spieszyć się (to act too quickly)
needy (adj.) – ‘przylepa’ (wanting too much attention and love)
to drop a bomb on someone – oznajmić coś niespodziewanie (to say something unexpectedly)

Have a great day!

Karola

No comments:

Post a Comment