Here’s your daily dose of randomness. Enjoy!!!
random word of the day: I HATE TO BREAK IT TO YOU – z przykrością informuję (I’m sorry to inform you – tends to occur in humorous or ironic contexts, where it is supposed to prepare the addressee for "bad news", but in fact precedes a trivial statement.)
(1) Dad, hate to break it to you, but the football players can't hear you yelling.
(2) I hate to break it to you, but your zip is undone.
(3) I hate to break it to you, but the world does not revolve around you.
(4) I hate to break it to you, but nobody flosses, apart from you.
(5) Hate to break it to you, but diet soda isn't that much better for you than regular soda.
(6) She'll say that she really doesn't mind picking up the dirty dishes you leave lying around and that she just loves doing the laundry. I hate to break it to you, but this isn't going to last either. Soon enough, she'll be telling you to wash your smelly gym socks yourself and that it's your turn to do the dishes.
(7) We hate to break it to you, but a universal neutral lip color doesn't exist. So if you're on the hunt for a flattering everyday lipstick, look no further!
to occur – pojawiać się (to happen,
the addressee – adresat (the person who gets/hears the message)
to precede – poprzedzać (to come before something)
a zip – zamek błyskawiczny
to revolve around – kręcić się wokół (here: to be centred around you)
to floss – używać nici dentystycznej (to clean between your teeth using dental floss)
(She) doesn’t mind – nie ma nic przeciwko (feels it’s ok to do something)
to last – trwać (to exist for a period of time)
either – too
(someone’s) turn to – czyjaś kolej
universal – uniwersalny (for everyone)
look no further – stop looking
flattering – twarzowy (making you look good)
Hope you enjoyed.