How is your long weekend going?
I myself have been a bit under the weather last couple of days, but I’m feeling much better today and definitely up to delivering a new random word :)
I’ve decided to follow in the same direction as yesterday and turn to Mother Nature for an interesting vocabulary item :D Hope you enjoy the word.
to feel/be under the weather – czuć się niedobrze (to be or feel ill)
to feel up to (doing) something – być w stanie coś wykonać/ zrobić (feel capable of doing something)
to turn to – zwrócić się do (to ask for help/ support)
random word of the day: MAMA BEAR – mama miś, opiekuńcza matka (a woman, especially a mother, who is extremely protective of a child or children) (also spelt “MOMMA BEAR”)
(1) I'm a mama bear and I have trouble staying silent if my baby girl is hurting. Jonathan looked at his wife for a moment and said lovingly, "I know you're a mama bear and I'm glad you are.
(2) She let us make our own mistakes and smacked us around when we were being idiots, but the second there was a real threat she turned into a mama bear.
(3) Joanna is like a mama bear protecting her cubs: She fights hard for the innocent that have no voice.
(4) I protect my favorite bands like a mama bear protects her cubs. If someone says anything bad about La dispute at this concert, I'm going to devour them.
(5) I’m so protective of my friends. Like a mama bear!!! They are my family.
to smack somebody around – dać klapsa, uderzyć (to slap, to hit)
a threat – zagrożenie (a danger)
cubs – młode (young lions, bears, wolves , etc.)
to devour – pożreć (to eat something eagerly and in large amounts so that nothing is left)
Have a lovely day!