random word of the day: TO GO OFF SOMEBODY/SOMETHING – przestać lubić kogoś/ coś (to stop liking or being interested in someone or something)
(1) I went off wearing black for quite a while, but now it's creeping back into my wardrobe.
(2) I do like Mortal Kombat and Halo but I've gone off Call of Duty because I could never finish it. I suck at Call of Duty.
(3) I think I've gone off cereal and I used to love it.
(4) Nigel came round to look at my racing bike. He said that it was mass produced, unlike his bike that was ‘made by a craftsman in Nottingham’. I have gone off Nigel, and I have also gone off my bike a bit.
(5) I saw Nigel on the way home. He told me Pandora’s father is a milkman! I have gone off her a bit.
for quite a while – przez dość długi okres (for quite a long time)
to creep – skradać się (to move slowly, quietly and carefully to avoid being noticed)
to suck at – być słabym w czymś (to be bad at something)
cereal – płatki zbożowe (a food that is made from grain and eaten with milk, especially in the morning)
to come round – odwiedzić kogoś (to visit)
mass produced – masowej produkcji
unlike – w przeciwieństwie do (different from)
a craftsman – rzemieślnik (a person skilled in a particular manual job)