I DIG ENGLISH - just a cool blog about English

I hope you enjoy reading this blog
half as much as I enjoy writing it for you.
Because I have a ball.


Karola

Monday, November 12, 2012

random word of the day :TO HAVE A GIRL CRUSH, A BOY CRUSH ON SOMEBODY




 
random word of the day: TO  HAVE A GIRL CRUSH /A BOY CRUSH ON SOMEBODY – odczuwać podziw, szacunek, uwielbienie w platoniczny sposób wobec osoby tej samej płci ( to feel  admiration, respect and adoration towards a representative of the same sex in a non-romantic kind of way)

(1) I am ashamed to admit it, but I have developed a bit of a girl crush on Emma Watson.

(2) I have had a total girl crush on Mila Kunis ever since I found out she spoke fluent Russian.

(3) I have a bit of a girl crush on Emily Blunt. I think she is the greatest British actress since Kate Winslet and I genuinely believe she was robbed of the best leading actress awards for her performance in The Young Victoria.

(4) I think my brother has a bit of a ‘boy-crush’ on Brad Pitt in his new film, Killing Them Softly. Whenever the ads come on, he keeps going on about him and “how nice his hair is”.

(5) James Corden admits he has a boy-crush on David Beckham and says: “If you ever meet him you don't know whether to shake his hand or lick his face. He is so nice. “Yes, occasionally we will send a text to each other and things like that. But he started it and the first time he sent a text I had to call all my friends to tell them before replying. My girlfriend says she always knows when I am texting David because I look really happy, which is really tragic!”

to admit – przyznać  (to say that something is true)
to develop a crush – to start having a crush
to find out – dowiedzieć się (to learn about something)
fluent – biegły (when a person is fluent, they can speak a language easily, well and quickly)
genuinely – szczerze (really)
to be robbed of an award – nie otrzymać nagrody, na którą się zasłużyło (not to receive an award even though you deserve it)
a performance – występ, gra (acting)
to keep going on about something – ciągle o czymś mówić, nawijać (to keep talking about something
occasionally – czasami (from time to time)
a text – sms
to text – wysyłać smsy

No comments:

Post a Comment