I DIG ENGLISH - just a cool blog about English

I hope you enjoy reading this blog
half as much as I enjoy writing it for you.
Because I have a ball.


Karola

Thursday, November 29, 2012

random word of the day: TO HAVE (GOT) A RING TO IT



random word of the day: TO HAVE (GOT) A RING TO IT – dobrze, odpowiednio brzmieć (be pleasant to hear/listen to)


(1) So where your left hand? You should let me add a ring to it. Cuz Mr and Mrs Anderson just has a ring to it.*

(2) I actually hate cucumbers, but the name has a nice ring to it.

(3) The way you say my name has got a nice ring to it.

(4) Do you like this slogan for a toffee company? Taste it. It's good!

Person 1:  It's ok, but it doesn't have much of a ring to it. Try something like: Taste it...Love it!!!  or Chew it...Taste it...Love it!!!

Person 2: It’s simple . . . that's why I like it!! (...) It has got a nice ring to it. Use it =)

(5) Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it
I guess every superhero need his theme music*

* song lyrics, no proper grammar ;)





song lyrics – słowa piosenki (words of a song)
proper – poprawna (correct)
cuz – because
actually – właściwie, szczerze, prawdę powiedziawszy (in fact, truthfully)
to taste – spróbować (to to put food or drink in your mouth to find out what flavour it has)
to chew – żuć (to crush food into smaller, softer pieces with the teeth so that it can be swallowed)
a theme (song/tune) – motyw przewodni (a melody that is associated with a given movie TV series etc. or a character in a movie/ TV series)

A CUCUMBER :D


No comments:

Post a Comment