I DIG ENGLISH - just a cool blog about English

I hope you enjoy reading this blog
half as much as I enjoy writing it for you.
Because I have a ball.


Karola

Monday, December 3, 2012

random word of the day: A (CHRISTMAS) WISH LIST






random word of the day: A (CHRISTMAS) WISH LIST – lista prezentów, które chcielibyśmy otrzymać (a list of gifts that we would like to receive (for Christmas))

(1) Dear Santa, thanks for ignoring my wish list of last year. You will probably justify it with some lame excuse about being too busy and having to take care of the little children. Well, let me just say your priorities need sorting out.

(2) One of my son's wish list items this year are Harry Potter Legos…. My mouth about hit the floor when I saw the prices on these.

(3) Just seen my wife's Christmas 'Wish List'. Most of it I can get online. I hate high street shopping!

(4) I just got my husband's Christmas wish list and I guess it is true: The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!


to justify – uzasadnić (to explain the reason behind something)
lame – słaba (bad, weak)
an excuse – wymówka (a reason that you give to explain why you did something wrong)
a priority – priorytet (something that is very important and must be dealt with before other things)
to sort something out – porządkować (to put things in the correct order/ place)
My mouth (about) hit the floor – I was shocked.
about – prawie (almost)
high street shopping – zakupy w tradycyjnych sklepach (buying things in regular shops)








No comments:

Post a Comment