I DIG ENGLISH - just a cool blog about English

I hope you enjoy reading this blog
half as much as I enjoy writing it for you.
Because I have a ball.


Karola

Sunday, December 30, 2012

random word of the day: A SELFIE







random word of the day:  A SELFIE – zdjęcie z ręki, autoportret (a picture taken of yourself that is planned to be uploaded to a social networking site; usually featuring the person's arm, a kissy face or the individual looking away from the camera)

(1) I have seen enough selfies this year to last me for the rest of my life.

(2) It’s one thing to take an occasional selfie, but when you are taking a selfie every day or every six hours, then you have a problem.

(3) I got a haircut so I am taking annoying selfies in the gym.

(4) You need to stop with the selfies. You’re out of control.

(5) A typical selfie involves a peace sign and duck lips.

(6) If you didn't already know, Justin is back on Instagram and I can't get enough of his selfies.

(7) I’m not shy when it comes to taking selfies and anyone who follows me on Instagram can vouch for that. My mug pops up at least every couple of days – with or without a duck face.


social networking sites – internetowe serwisy społecznościowe (websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
to feature – przedstawiać, pokazywać (to include someone or something as an important part)
to last – wystarczyć (to keep adequately supplied)
every six hours/ every couple of days – co sześć godzin/ co kilka dni
to involve – tu: zawierać, wiązać się z (to have as a necessary feature or consequence; entail)
I can’t get enough of – ciągle mi mało (I want more and more of)
to vouch for – ręczyć za coś (to say that you know from experience that something is true)
a mug – gęba, facjata (a face)
to pop up – pojawiać się (to appear, to crop up)



DUCK FACE/ DUCK LIPS

PEACE SIGN

No comments:

Post a Comment